Monday, January 25, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome! I have been reading more blogs and watching more vlogs about peoples' lives that it has inspired me to write my own blog. As a child, I used to journal. I would write about anything and everything. Thankfully, no one ever "found" my journal. It would be cool to sit down and read them one day; now that it's been many, many years since I've journaled. 

So you probably are wondering why I've felt inspired to blog. Well, thanks to Roman Atwood and his family, his motto to "Smile More," has truly lifted me up, made me a better person, and have helped my relationship with my husband and God. I know, it probably sounds crazy... Roman brings out the positive in everything. Not having a good day? Just check out RomanAtwoodVlogs on YouTube. My husband and I are hooked! 

Another reason I have felt inspired to blog, is because every one of our lives is a journey - a unique, creative, individual journey. My husband and I have been together for 9 plus years, and married for 4 years 4 months. We want to start a family, but have been struggling. Let's face it, this is difficult for me to even write this for the whole world to see. However, the struggle has gone on for over 4 years, with very few people even knowing. The questions of, "When are you going to start to have a family?," "Are you guys ever going to have kids?," "It's your turn!," "What are you waiting for?" - the list goes on. Well you want the answer?? What we're waiting for is not just the right time, but for the doctors to find out what is going on. We've been through lots of tests and procedures and still no answers. Today we had our initial consultation via phone with our doctor at Shady Grove Fertility. Let me just tell you, it was a great consultation and we learned a lot. The doctor reviewed our medical information and spoke with us for over an hour. After discussing many fertility options and possible diagnoses, we decided to take the next step with a different fertility medication. With the possibility of having polycystic ovary syndrome, there's a lot that I need to do to prepare to change; such as eating habits, exercise, medications/supplements, and mental preparations. I feel like I should be feeling anxious, scared, devastated, or ashamed of the diagnosis, but there's no reason to feel that way. We have to stay positive and keep praying. God doesn't give you what you can't handle! 

Stay tuned! This is just a short glimpse, since getting started in the "blogging world." 

No comments:

Post a Comment