Saturday, January 30, 2016

Survival Kit.


New parents have a "survival kit," so why shouldn't couples experiencing infertility have their own "survival kit?" As part of setting goals for myself for overcoming the struggle of getting pregnant, I decided to put together a survival kit for my husband and I. 

Pamper Yourself
First of all, pamper yourself! One thing I put on the back burner, because of working in the helping profession, I always think of putting others first. Setting time aside to go for a manicure is just enough "me time."

Date Night
With the diagnosis of PCOS, I tend to blame myself for not getting pregnant. I feel terrible that my husband is "stuck" with a woman who can't conceive normally. So to be able to give back to him, we will have more date nights - whether it's grabbing a bite to eat, Sweet Frog, a picnic, or going for a walk; it's important to have these special moments together. It's moments like these when I fall back in love with my husband! Yes, we spend day in and day out with just each other, besides working hours, but I truly enjoy spending quality time one-on-one. 

God
As angry as I get at God because I question, why me, I always have to remember that he is the one that gives me strength to get through the days and the motivation to stay positive. So I have added the bible to my survival kit. If you still haven't accepted Christ into your life (your loss), look into self-help books for guidance. 

Tissues
For those of you not experiencing infertility, you may think I'm crazy, but better be damned if I'm not throwing in a box of tissues. My emotions are a roller coaster. Some days are better than others, but let's be real, the thought of not getting pregnant crosses my mind more often than it should. There's many nights I fall asleep with tears in my eyes.

Getaways 
My husband and I bought our house several years ago with the anticipation of raising a family in this house. When we painted the entire house, we made sure to paint the "nursery" the color we wanted for when we had children. Well, the walls are painted, but minus the babe. I must say, it is difficult to come home each day, 4 years later, to just my husband and me. The routine gets old, we feel like roommates some days, and we just forget to love each other. Again, sounds crazy, but true. In order to change up the boring weekends, we are going to venture out and getaway - go boating, spend time at the beach, do things we love to do!

I look forward to adding new things to my survival kit and can't wait to share with you our experiences! Just remember, whether my blogging helps 100 people or 1 person, my journey is different from yours and it has taken a lot for me to open up to each of you.

Remember, stay positive. Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment