Saturday, February 6, 2016

Boom!

Sorry, I've been behind the eight ball this week! Since starting the blog and being more public about my life, people are reaching out to provide support and discussing their struggle. I cannot thank you all enough for allowing me to be a part of your journey as well as my own. 

As much as infertility effects many people, there are a lot more people that are pregnant. So happy for them, don't get me wrong; however, with being associated with social media, I am seeing and hearing more teenagers becoming pregnant, whereas established couples work hard, are financially stable, and experience the struggle of infertility. Hellooooo, young teenage mom and dad... you can barely take care of yourself, you don't have a job, you don't know who the baby daddy is, you live with your parents, and you don't even know who you are.. why? Because you aren't an adult. I'm sure I will be getting a lot of hate from this blog, but it just doesn't make sense to me, nor does it help my struggle... I also don't understand women who abort their unborn baby. Do you realize you are being selfish? What gives you the right to kill an unborn child? Consider adoption! Catelynn and Tyler from Teen Mom should be your role model, if you are a teen pregnant. They set up an open-adoption, since they were becoming parents at a young age. It has brought them closer together as a couple, and gave life to a beautiful little girl who is thriving with her adoptive parents and siblings. 

Earlier this week while at work, I was looking up a physician's NPI on the internet and BOOM!...

Was the ad necessary!?!? I kind of deflated when I saw this. I feel that wherever I go, the questions of pregnancy follow me. You would think after so many years, I would be over the feeling of being "deflated." Does this stuff happen to anyone else?

There are so many thoughts that go through my mind. I just can't help to think about anything and everything... When you are a child, every little girl dreams of the perfect little family. When you become a teenager and begin to have sex, you try to take all precautions to prevent pregnancy. Did I ever think I would be in the position I am now, when I was younger? Heavens no! So here I am, 26 years old, married for almost 4.5 years, childless... Thank goodness my husband is very supportive and remains positive by reassuring me that one day, we will be blessed with the perfect little family! God bless him! 

I continue to pray and talk to God about "the plan," hoping that he soon blesses me with a healthy pregnancy. I am learning to live without understanding and learning to trust God through this journey. It's hard to come to terms with it, but God has a plan for everyone.

You're probably wondering what the next step in my journey is. Well, I have to wait, like usual, to get my next period. Then I will make a trip to Shady Grove for an ultrasound and bloodwork, and get a prescription for Metformin and Femera; pending the results of the testing. 

As Roman Atwood says, "Stick to a positive lifestyle. I want you to know everyone is struggling and you are not alone. We are all fighting our own battles. Everyone you look at has their own problems and could be 10 times bigger than yours. Don't let anyone bring you down. You are one of a kind. Smile more." I must say, Roman Atwood is my inspiration. Be sure to check out his daily vlogs. My husband and I watch the vlogs daily and live vicariously through Roman's family. 

Love you all.
-Emily

5 comments:

  1. There are many, many children living in the system waiting to be adopted. Many of which will outgrow the system and never be given a chance at family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I am so grateful those mother's chose adoption rather than abortion. If fertility treatments don't work for my husband and I, we may consider adoption.

      Delete
  2. You're so strong Em. I understand somewhat with what you're going through, only bc I was told at a young age that I wouldn't be able to have kids, and that if I was lucky fertility treatment might work. I know its super hard but you have the right idea. Stay positive because you are only give what you can handle. There is a plan for you and Bill, he has a plan for all of us. Stay strong girl, and know you have tons of support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne!! I remember when you were told that after the surgery you had. I'm glad though, you were able to be blessed with a beautiful little girl.

      Delete
  3. You're so strong Em. I understand somewhat with what you're going through, only bc I was told at a young age that I wouldn't be able to have kids, and that if I was lucky fertility treatment might work. I know its super hard but you have the right idea. Stay positive because you are only give what you can handle. There is a plan for you and Bill, he has a plan for all of us. Stay strong girl, and know you have tons of support.

    ReplyDelete